Thursday 14 June 2007

Mr. Anti-Camry for Governor!

I read yesterday on http://www.nwcn.com/ that the City of Seattle is considering banning microwave popcorn because it often set off smoke alarms in city buildings, causing lost time and revenue. I think they should ban microwave popcorn becuase it STINKS. I have forbidden my wife to cook it when I am home. I think the aroma is putrid. They shouldn't just ban microwave popcorn in the City of Seattle, they should ban it in the entire state.

In fact, I should probably run for governor. My three key points:
(1) State patrol is to heavily enforce the Keep Right Except to Pass law on freeways. I don't care if people are speeding, as long as they're driving safely. But left-lane dawdlers will be ticketed, towed, and jailed for repeat offenses.
(2) Ban microwave popcorn.
(3) Get Washington out of the ridiculous CARB vehicle regulations which will put more stringent vehicle economy/emission standards in to effect. The CARB deal limits the number and type of cars sold in the state. I say that if it's good enough to meet the general US EPA regulations, the vehicle should be sold here. This regulation may ban future sales of Diesel vehicles due to emission standards... that's absolutely ridiculous.

I'll bet I could get plenty of votes running on this platform. Chris Gregoire and Dino Rossi had better watch out. Somebody from the real world has their eye on positive change in Washington!

Here's one more thought...

I hate helicopters. They are noisy and always flying over my neighborhood because I live too close to the freeway... the traffic 'copters are always flying over during commute times, rattling our cheap aluminum-framed 1970s windows, reminding me that I live in a 1970s neighborood too close to the freeway. If I'm governor I'm going to institute a No-Fly Zone over my city. That'll increase property values!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll vote for that!!! Make it illegal to sell anything but HEAVILY salted and buttered "naturally popped" corn. Save that corn for eating, not for driving!!!
Friends don't let friends drive corn. There are people in this world starving because food prices are too high because people are trying to fuel their vehicles with corn!!! Just say no! I fill up my belly with corn, but I fill up my car with 100% gasoline.

Anonymous said...

BTW, check out the other "Auto Snob" website. He works in Detroit for the major American car Companies!!! It is good for an occasional laugh...
Check out his May 30th posting. It is about ethanol. He thought it was awesome, but even a "detroit insider" sees that it is a farce...
autosnob.blogspot.com

Mr. Anti-Camry said...

Perhaps you saw there were comments to the "other" Auto Snob's post about ethanol...? I beat you to it. Found him when trying to name the blog you're reading right now...

Unknown said...

Mr. Anti-Camry,
How do you feel about the Blue Angels which invade our fair city every August causing major interstates to close?Not to mention those who chose to stop in the middle of the road to watch said LOUD planes.
-signed
I HATE SUV's.