Tuesday 2 October 2007

I’m a professional writer. Now, what should I write about?

On Sunday I had a phone “interview” with the editor of Autosavant.net. He had posted on Autosavant.net that the site was looking for additional contributors, and requested a short email from people who were interested.

I replied, we set up a phone conversation for Sunday, and now he’s waiting for my first piece, which I promised him by the end of the week. Great. As a car guy, I’ve always wanted to be a bit of an automotive journalist. Here is my chance. There’s just one problem. I can’t think of anything to write about.

I’m afraid the demand for posts about a Saab 900 has pretty much been satisfied by the saablog. And there are only about six of you who like to read my gripes about drivers of inferior products. So what relevant auto-related topic should I be writing about?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think one could rant and tirade for a long time over how people CAN'T (or don't choose to?)drive appropriately

Randy Lioz said...

Write about how you think the C30 is better than the GTI...cause it's Swedish. I'll write a counterpoint. ;-)

Mr. Anti-Camry said...

Ha! Good, idea AutoSnob, except for the fact that I'm not sure the C30 is better. More Swedish, yes. Better looking? Perhaps in certain trim levels/colors. Guess I'll have to drive them both and write a real comparison. Now THAT is a good idea.

Anonymous said...

you could gripe about the fact that people often buy a car because it's the right color, regardless of the trim level/accessories it came with. you know, like locking dif on land cruiser